THE NEW MEDIA COOKBOOK
(c) by Norman T. White
First Printing, 1989
++< Cheese Paradees >++
1. Split the English muffins with a fork. (Do not cheat and use a knife, even if it makes fewer crumbs.)
2. Put muffins, coarse side up, in toaster oven.
3. Toast muffins lightly, on coarse side only.
4. While this is going on, cut Jarsberg cheese into medium-thick (0.4 to 0.8mm) slices.
5. When muffins are ready, remove them from toaster oven, and butter coarse sides liberally.
6. The most critical part: Place slices of cold Jarlsberg cheese on hot English muffin.
7. Eat immediately... This is one of those rare foods which taste best standing up. (Serves one.)
++< EGGS NOR >++
1. Pour the tap water into a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Set stove heating element to "HIGH", and bring water to a vigorous, rolling boil.
3. Put the eggs into the boiling water, and start timing.
I always use a spoon for this operation, so that I can lower each egg GENTLY into the boiling water.
This often prevents the egss from crashing into the bottom, and splitting open.)
4. After five minutes, remove saucepan from heat.
5. Pour cold water over the eggs while still in the saucepan .
6. Remove eggshells, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
7. Serve on a plate or in a bowl. (Serves two)
HINT: For interesting variations, try boiling the eggs for four and
a half, or even four minutes.
If you really want to be creative, try UNUSUAL times like four minutes and forty seconds.
(I once boiled some eggs for 4.3128 minutes!! ) Let your imagination soar!!!
P.O. Box 1032
Durham, Ontario N0G 1R0